Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well, Waddya Know?

I could be the American President!

I always thought, having been born in Canada, that I was ineligible. But looking into the controversy surrounding Obama's citizenship, I discovered this (FindLaw.com): "the requirements that were in force from Dec. 24, 1952 to Nov. 13, 1986, encompassing the time of Obama's birth, state, 'If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16.'"

Both of my parents are U.S. and have never lived anywhere else! In fact, I'm the only member of my immediate family not born on U.S. soil.

This means I have to get my campaign in gear immediately, and look around for a running mate who isn't a Dunkin Dips***...

P.S. I think Obama probably is a legit citizen. Is it just me, or is this guy getting some of the worst smear attacks in recent history? First he was a closeted gay murderer, then he was Muslim and only pretending to be Christian, now he's not even American. I haven't seen this level of nastiness since the fundies were dishing out their Clinton Body Count nonsense.

3 comments:

tshsmom said...

Dammit!!
We deliberately had you in Canada so you COULDN'T be president. ;)

You're far too honest to be a politician.

Wandering Coyote said...

You were born in Canada? Really? I had no idea...

S.M. Elliott said...

Yep, dual citizen.