I won't mince any words here. Texe Marrs is a complete dumbass. He sees in art and architecture a "Colossus of the Illuminati", and he interprets nearly every gesture imaginable as Satanic and/or Masonic signals. For years, he's been saying that Pat Robertson was making the Masonic "Lion's Paw" hand signal on the cover of Time (Feb. 17, 1986). Turns out Pat Robertson not only isn't a Mason, he's an anti-Mason just like Marrs. He insists Helen Keller was a Satanist because the "I love you" sign she "invented" symbolizes Satan's horns, even though sign language was brought to America 60 years before she was born. He also thinks the FOX media conglom is named after Satan, likened to a fox in the Bible. It's named for founder William Fox.
Marrs is also a raging anti-Semite, churning out video "sermons" with goofy titles like "Cauldron of Abaddon: From Jerusalem and Israel Flow a Torrent of Satanic Evil and Mischief Endangering the Whole World".
For the record, I found Ravaged by the New Age at a secondhand bookstore. There is no way I would put one penny in Texe Marrs's pocket.
Anyway, here are some choice bits from Ravaged by the New Age:
- On Michael Murphey, founder of the Esalen Institute: "What Murphey fails to explain, of course, is that the only dance steps New Agers know are the ones that permit them to dance with the Devil, their unworldly Fred Astaire-Ginger Rogers substitute dancing instructor."
- "The New Age doctrine of reincarnation provides the perfect excuse for abortion." He also says reincarnation implicity encourages child molestation and incest, since parents and their children might have been spouses in previous incarnations.
- "To 'think globally, act locally' means that the New Age disciple is to visualize and work for a... one world religion, a one world government, a one world economy."
- "The New Age Community is, in reality, the body of Satan.... Therefore, Christian parents and families are, in fact, separatists. Praise God!"
- "Look also for government-funded daycare facilities to be run by Satanists, homosexuals, lesbians, and others who hate Christianity."
- "The horrible truth - the ultimate secret - of the New Age is that children will eventually be taken away from their parents."
- "Laws are now being tested that will make traditional Judeo-Christian lifestyles illegal."
- In his list of New Age cults, Marrs lists "Masonic orders" and "Native American Indian religious groups".
- "Because of its deceitfulness, few realize that the New Age is in fact hard-core occultism and devil worship."