Saturday, October 01, 2011

Oh, I'll just do a quick post on Troy Davis...



...or maybe I'll rip my hair out at the roots and run screaming into traffic.

For the past week, I've been working on a post about the Troy Davis case for Swallowing the Camel. It's stressing me out massively. I just wanted to give people an objective overview of the case that answers some of the most persistent questions and misconceptions that are floating about online, but of course to simplify something you have to know it inside-out, and I was not as familiar with the Davis case as I thought I was. To make matters much worse, court documents and other vital information are scarce.
So if I haven't visited you much on blogs or Facebook recently, or answered an email, that's probably why. I'm hoping to be done with this thing by the end of the weekend.
It turned out to be more work than it will be probably be worth, but live and you shall learn, right?

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

That's a great image that you've chosen. I am familiar with that feeling of getting deeply mired in something in which I have already invested too much effort to stop. I am sure it will all be worth it, and I promise to read the post and learn.

S.M. Elliott said...

I'm finally done. It's not great, it's not what I set out to do, but it's done.