Friday, March 10, 2006

Church -Torching and Another Scary Fad

I am jazzed 'cause I found, quite by accident, a copy of Lords of Chaos, a book about the Satanic "black metal" music underground in Scandinavia and Europe. The black metal lifestyle has been blamed for numerous deaths in Europe, and for the arsons that destroyed several Medieval cathedrals. It's sort of neo-Nazi/Goth/occult in nature.
It's not easy finding Feral House stuff in Canada, and this is one the library doesn't even carry.

I also picked up this month's Harper's, containing Celia Farber's article on "why HIV doesn't cause AIDS." (This concept is horrifyingly trendy right now.) There is an extensive, scientific refutation of her article here.

2 comments:

S.M. Elliott said...

I thought this HIV thing would be dead in the water by now, but apparently it's going to die a slow, difficult death... ;(

And - Between you and my mom, I don't think he'd stand a chance! :D

tshsmom said...

Thanks Bridg!! That means a LOT to us!
SME's right, he wouldn't stand a chance. He's a dweeby little skank, so we wouldn't get overly mussed up taking care of him. ;)