Tagged by Tweetey
1. Wrapping or gift bags? Both - depends on the gift, 'cause some things are hella hard to wrap.
2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial. I like it to look the same every year, and dead needles would drive me insane. Plus I would hate dragging a real tree up and down many flights of stairs, and Sophie would probably munch on it...
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after American Thanksgiving, sometimes a little later depending on Richard's work schedule.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after my b-day on the 4th.
5. Do you like eggnog? Well, soynog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh, there were oodles. I can't pick out just one.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but one of the wisemen broke last year and had to be replaced by a shepherd. So it looks like some cheapskate is trying to give Jesus a sheep.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? That would have to be a tie between lingerie my grandmother gave me when I was about 12, and a Ken doll she gave me when I was about 15. Age-appropriate gifts are not her strong suit...
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Email. People usually pitch their cards, anyway, don't they?
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If I know what I want to get someone, I'll get it as early as October.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Wild rice soup on Christmas Eve, mm-mm.
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
14. Favorite Christmas song? Hmm. Tough one, since I like most Christmas songs. I think "The Peace Carol" from the Muppet Christmas album
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Mostly stay home - not a great time of year to travel.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Now why would I even want to do that? ;D
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. Angels always look uncomfortable perched up there...
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas Eve (Norwegian tradition)
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Grumpy-ass Scrooges
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Nope. It looks much the same every year. I've had some of the ornaments most of my life.
21. What do you leave for Santa? Actually, nothing, not even when Demi believed in Santa. I guess even Dem realized that if Santa existed, Richard would still eat his cookies. Poor guy got shortchanged at our house!
22. Least favorite holiday song? Can't think of one offhand, but pop-sloppy covers of traditional tunes usually get on my nerves.
23. Favorite ornament? They're all my favorites! The dog poo, Z-Kid's homemade ornaments, a sock monkey, a candleholder from my great-grandparents' tree, a manger from Bethlehem, a Christmas rat...
I'm supposed to tag 7 people, but I know this is a super-busy time of year for everybody. I'll make this one voluntary! Merry Christmas, everybody!