Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rabbit poop, electromagnetic invisibility shields, etc.

Sophie's doing much better today. She's frisky and nosy again, eating her own weight in hay, and somehow managing to swallow the naaasty liquid food from the vet. She's also pooping, which is good.

We went to the art gallery this afternoon and saw some interesting teen art: Instructions on how to blow up your school (contained in an RCMP evidence bag that looked suspiciously authentic), Eliza Griffiths's fantastic portraits of pimply girls with camel-toes and attitude, and framed blow-ups of study hall notes. I actually still have a lot of junior-high study hall notes - I don't know exactly why, I just do. Artistic they are not, but it's nice to have a window to the past.

I'm watching last week's Lost for the second time. It's kinda cool how they re-run last week's episode with little pop-up explanations; that must be a big help for people who missed last season and are, well, lost.
I have no idea what the deal is with the invisible barrier around the island. Aircraft just can't seem to get near it without breaking apart, or experiencing some kind of delay like Dan's "payload" rocket did. I do know that the writers hinted time is different on the island (Mittelos Research, the company that recruited Juliet, was apparently an anagram for "lost time" or "time lost", and that was supposed to be a clue). It seems the island is invisible from the air. Maybe it's surrounded by a funky Philadephia-Experiment-type energy field that renders it invisible.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Pop ups? Guess that's what happens when I go to bed at 8:30 ... I missed last night's episode but will watch it eventually. Lost Time? Anagrams? I must not be really into the show because I don't pick up on this sort of thing. Arrrggghhh. Oh well. At least I have you to explain these things to me :)

S.M. Elliott said...

Heck yeah. When it comes to Lost, I'm nerd enough for several people!

The Zombieslayer said...

My God. I think thinking about blowing up your school is just part of growing up. I'm trying to think of a boy (now a man of course) I knew who didn't want to blow up the school. Thinking...
Thinking...

Nope. Nobody comes to mind.

Oh, you mean blow it up with people in it. Well, that's different. That's disturbed.

Now, those paintings are disturbing. Canadians. ;)

S.M. Elliott said...

Yeah, it's the mass murder part of the plan that isn't good...
I admit I wouldn't want those paintings hanging on my walls - I can see real live sullen teenagers if I want.