“There's more to life than just books, you know. But not much more...” - The Smiths
Thursday, December 10, 2009
5 Things I Like
This was passed along to me by my mom, and here's how it works: You're supposed to blog about five things you like, then pass the award on to 5 bloggers in your "circle of friends" so they can do the same.
(this isn't easy; I like a lot of stuff!)
1. Our Christmas tree. Unfortunately, Sophie likes it a lot, too. She wants to hang out under it all the time and bunch the tree skirt.
2. VHS tapes. Sure, the quality's a little dodgy, but remember when you could fast forward past FBI warnings without a snotty little message popping up, telling you, "That function is forbidden"?
3. Bigelow Eggnogg'n tea. Not only is it tasty, the sledding penguins on the package are kawaii.
4. Snow! Not too much, mind you. I don't like blizzards or thigh-high drifts like the stuff poor Tweets is getting. But I love just the right amount of fluffy white snow at Christmas.
5. Crocs. Okay. I admit it. Crocs are freaking awesome in the winter when you have cement flooring.
I think just about everybody has been hit with this one already, so I won't pass it along unless I notice someone's been left out.
I live in the land of Estoty with my sweetie, Richard, and our cat. I'm one of those mature (thirtysomething) students you see in the halls, the ones who make you think, "Well good for her, she hasn't given up on life yet, although she probably should."
My goal: to become a lawyer
"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom." - Albert Einstein