Monday, March 13, 2006

"You stole my ideas! Even though they're not mine!"

The Da Vinci Code lawsuit is a prime example of wanton, greedy litigiousness. 2 of the 3 "historians" who wrote Holy Blood, Holy Grail (1982) are suing Dan Brown. The 3rd, Henry Lincoln, was smart enough to capitalize on DV Code's success, appearing in related documentaries and whatnot. The other 2 guys, Baigent and Leigh, are just freakin' lazy. And calling them "historians" is an insult to real historians. It would be like calling Anna Nicole Smith a nutritionist.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just watched a great documentary that tore apart "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and as far as Da Vinci Code goes, I've never understood the appeal of the book, which I thought was a fair if not very well written thriller. His Angels and Demons was a better thriller; and his other two books I consider below average for the genre. (Digital Fortress, Deception Point).
The lawsuit's a joke to me...Throw the damn thing outa court and get on with your lives, everybody!

S.M. Elliott said...

I know, I can't BELIEVE it's gotten this far.
I wasn't real crazy about the Code, either, tho I only listened to it on audio. Angels & Demons was much better. Don't think I'll ever bother with his earlier stuff.

tshsmom said...

Everybody KNOWS that I discovered Michaelangelo, so nobody better show any of his works without MY permission! So there!

S.M. Elliott said...

Heehee. If I belonged to Opus Dei, I'd sue. "I am NOT an albino psycho killer!"

tshsmom said...

What's Opus Dei? I'm assuming that it's not Bill the Cat's buddy.

S.M. Elliott said...

A Catholic lay organization (sounds pervy, heehee). The killer in DV Code belongs to it. I'm not sure why some people are so suspicious of it, it's not even a secret society.

tshsmom said...

Sorta like the Knights of Columbus with a fancy Latin name?

S.M. Elliott said...

It's supposedly more extreme than any other Catholic group. I don't know about that.